Salesforce.com Service Cloud and Sales Cloud customers who run the Genesys platform in their contact centers can significantly benefit from using a best practices approach to integrating the two systems together. The right solution can improve customer experiences and loyalty, lower operations costs and increase the effectiveness of agents and back office associates.
The type of integration primarily depends on the customer’s business requirements. Outlined below are five primary considerations that need to be addressed:
- Interaction Types – is the contact center going to process inbound voice calls or other transactions such as outbound voice, multi-channel and work items?
- IVR – is there an IVR system though which callers will identify themselves?
- Interaction History – what interaction history is required?
- Interaction Reporting – what type of reporting will management want?
- Workforce Management – will the applications require integration to a workforce management system?
Also, a key issue to be aware of is Salesforce and Genesys have unique features, but also offer overlapping functionality.
Creating an integrated solution that delivers the maximum possible benefits requires that the functionality be carefully examined and any functionality gaps and overlaps be minimized.
Noel Roberts serves as Aria Solutions’ Chief Technology Officer and VP of Marketing. He co-founded Aria with Robert Church in 1997. Prior to Aria, Noel founded Synapse, a software development company where he provided senior software development expertise in telecom peripheral equipment and computer telephony systems. At Aria, a big part of his role involves helping enterprise-size contact centers with full assessments, business, IT and CX strategy, roadmap development, and technology and vendor evaluation and selection. In his leisure time, Noel likes traveling and going to the rustic lake cabin with his family, reading about science and tech, and playing with new tech gadgets.
Designing a process from scratch is alre...
As we’ve come to know that understandi...
Change is the only constant in the conta...
Good customer service has been shown to ...