Personal Information Protection Policy
As part of our business, Aria Solutions Inc. (“Aria”) will sometimes collect, use and disclose personal information from our customers, visitors, subscribers or other interested parties (collectively, the “Users”). This includes personal information that we have received directly from our Users, such as through our websites, software applications, social media pages, HTML-formatted email messages and other services provided by us both online and offline, as well as from other sources, like public databases, from our joint marketing partners or from other trusted third-party service providers.
Regardless of its source, Aria treats personal information that comes into its possession or control with the care and diligence that our Users expect and which Aria is legally obligated to provide, in particular pursuant to the Personal Information and Protection Act (Alberta). As part of that commitment, Aria has put in place the policies described below so that our Users can understand how or when their information might be collected, used or disclosed.
The types of personal information that Aria collects
In the course of our business, Aria collects personal information from our Users. Personal information is any information that identifies you as an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, phone number or email address. Personal information does not include non-identifying information, like browser and device information, app usage data, cookies, IP and MAC addresses (in most circumstances), or certain publicly available information.
Aria collects personal information both directly from Users, as well as through other sources, including our joint marketing partners and other third-party services providers. Some of these partners and third-party services providers may be located outside of Canada.
Why Aria collects, uses and discloses personal information
Aria collects, uses and discloses personal information in order to provide Users with quality products, effective customer service and with a customized use experience. The specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information include:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- To communicate with you and provide you with related customer service
- To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you
- To send you marketing communications, in compliance with applicable laws, that we believe may be of interest to you, such as the contact center best practices and information about new products and services
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities (some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully)
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our sites and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- As otherwise permitted or required by law, including to comply with legal process; to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
Aria only collects, uses, and discloses personal information only to the extent that is reasonable and is necessary to meet the above Purposes, except as authorized by law. We do not disclose the personal information that we collect to any third parties.
How Aria safeguards personal information
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. We rely on our Users to notify us if there are any changes to their personal information. If you are aware of an update to error in our information about you, please let us know and we will correct it on request wherever possible.
We protect Users’ personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity of the information. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or for legal or business purposes. We render personal information non-identifying, or destroy records containing personal information once the information is no longer needed.
We use appropriate security measures when destroying customer personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
Questions and concerns about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Users can find out more information about Aria’s collection of personal information, as well as information about the privacy practices and policies of our non-Canadian partners and third-party service providers that we collect information from, by contacting our Privacy Officer as follows:
Aria Solutions Inc.
Suite 250, 525 – 28th Street SE
Calgary, AB, Canada
If you are not satisfied with the response from our Privacy Officer, you may contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Calgary)
Suite 2460, 801 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, T2P 3W2
Phone: (403) 297-2728
Fax: (403) 297-2711
Toll-Free: (888) 878-4044
Consent to collect, use and disclose personal information
Aria will obtain User consent before collecting, using or disclosing personal information, unless Aria is permitted or obligated to obtain such personal information without consent. In some instances, we may request that you expressly consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information.
In other instances, we may imply your consent where you have volunteered personal information for one or some of the above Purposes. We may also, in appropriate cases, assume you have consented where you have not opted out of consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
Regardless of how we obtain your consent, you may vary or withdraw your consent to collect, use and or disclose your personal information at any time by contacting Aria at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services if we do not have your implied or explicit consent to collect, use or disclose personal information.
Aria strives to keep its Users up to date on its activities, events, services and contests as well as industry news that may be relevant to you or your business (collectively, the “Commercial Purposes”).
In an effort to comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”) while keeping Canadian Users informed, we may request that Users provide express consent to receive commercial electronic messages with respect to the Commercial Purposes. In appropriate cases, we may use Users’ implied consent.
To comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we ensure that the content in our commercial electronic messages is clear and not false or misleading. We inform Users of the corporate location and provide an easy-to-find unsubscribe link.
Users can withdraw their implied and explicit consent to receive commercial electronic messages from Aria at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is included in each commercial electronic message we send. Users may still receive non-commercial electronic messages from Aria.
For additional information on our anti-spam compliance efforts, Users can contact Aria at:
Aria Solutions Inc.
Suite 250, 525 – 28th Street SE,
Calgary, AB T2A 6W9