Salesforce.com Service Cloud and Sales Cloud customers who run the Genesys platform in their contact centers can significantly benefit from using a best practices approach to integrating the two systems together. The right solution can improve customer experiences and loyalty, lower operations costs and increase the effectiveness of agents and back office associates.
The type of integration primarily depends on the customer’s business requirements. Outlined below are five primary considerations that need to be addressed:
- Interaction Types – is the contact center going to process inbound voice calls or other transactions such as outbound voice, multi-channel and work items?
- IVR – is there an IVR system though which callers will identify themselves?
- Interaction History – what interaction history is required?
- Interaction Reporting – what type of reporting will management want?
- Workforce Management – will the applications require integration to a workforce management system?
Also, a key issue to be aware of is Salesforce and Genesys have unique features, but also offer overlapping functionality.
Creating an integrated solution that delivers the maximum possible benefits requires that the functionality be carefully examined and any functionality gaps and overlaps be minimized.